So I love choc chip cookies. I also love caramello chocolate, to the point where there's generally at least two blocks of it in the house. So why not combine the two?
The child in me kind of wanted to put pieces of actual caramello koalas in these cookies, but the blocks are more economical. Maybe next time.
These cookies are seriously good, and were devoured in two days. And that was me restraining myself. So please, do yourself a favour and make them.
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 block cadbury caramello chocolate, broken into squares
1. Combine sugars, salt and butter in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Add egg and vanilla. Whisk.
3. Sift flour and baking soda into bowl and combine.
4. Add caramello pieces and mix. Refrigerate for at least a half hour.
5. Line two trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
6. Scoop even amounts of batter onto trays. A mechanical ice cream scoop works best for this, but if you don't have this splitting the batter into twelve and rolling in clean, wet hands is the next best thing.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.