I'm not a morning person, and I'm lucky if I can wrangle together toast in the morning for breakfast. Easy meals are key, and this muesli is not only super easy to make but super easy to pour into a bowl come early morning.
2 cups oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup flaked almonds
1 tbsp ground flax
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Mix oats, nuts, flax and spices together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
5. Spread mixture out on a lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then gently turn the mixture over before returning to the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. Let cool before storing in a sealed container.