One of the things I missed most in Canada was fruit. Since I've been home, our house has been fully stocked. I've been a huge fan of eating some form of fruit in the mornings with coconut yoghurt, and thought I'd try roasting up some apricots to have this way. The end result was delicious and I decided I just had to share the recipe. I plan on roasting up some other stone fruit like peaches or nectarines this way too!
about 12 small apricots (roughly 250 grams)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Cut apricots in half and remove seed.
3. Place skin down on a lined baking tray.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and drizzle with honey.
5. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes before flipping apricots over and roasting for another 20 minutes (you might need to sprinkle a bit more sugar over the apricots at this point).
6. Enjoy! This makes roughly four servings. You can serve them with ice cream or store them in your fridge and serve them with porridge or yoghurt in the morning. It's even better if you add some walnuts or roasted almonds!