Yes, milo cookies. Alternatively, Australian 'hot chocolate' cookies. I couldn't decide.
Without the marshmallow in the middle of these, I could probably eat all these cookies in one sitting. So do with that what you will.
Also, someone tried to tell me that white and pink marshmallows taste the same and I need to know I'm not alone in thinking otherwise, so let me know if you agree that pink is far superior.
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup milo
1/2 tsp baking soda
a few extra tablespoons of milo
1. Combine sugars, salt and butter in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Add egg and vanilla. Whisk.
3. Sift flour, milo and baking soda into bowl and combine. Refrigerate for at least a half hour.
4. Line two trays with baking paper.
5. Scoop even amounts of batter onto trays. A mechanical ice cream scoop works best for this, but if you don't have this splitting the batter into twelve and rolling in clean, wet hands is the next best thing.
6. Flatten dough, then place marshmallow on top and wrap dough around it. I found that this process warmed up the dough too much, so I'd recommend putting it back in the fridge for a bit while you preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
7. Roll top of dough balls in extra milo.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes.