I cannot legally call these Anzac Biscuits.
These are not Anzac Biscuits. All I'm saying is that if you're interested in my great-grandmother's recipe for Anzac Biscuits, all you would need to do is remove the chocolate chips from this recipe.
I've listed an amount of chocolate chips in the ingredients, but honestly that's something you feel in your soul.
1 cup plain flour
1 cup oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbs water
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line two baking sheets.
2. Combine dry ingredients, bar chocolate chips, in a bowl.
3. Combine butter, golden syrup and water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until butter is melted. Stir to combine and add vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine.
5. Add chocolate chips to batter, leaving a few extra.
6. Batter makes approximately 12 cookies. Shape into balls and place on tray with enough room to spread. I like to stick the saved extra chocolate chips on top of the dough balls before baking.
7. Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly golden.